Spring Break

Spring Break seems to help the semester so much that I don’t know why there isn’t a comparable break in the Fall.  When did it start and who was the first to have one?

In researching that question, I discovered answers related to Ontario’s maple sap run to the building of an Olympic-sized swimming pool in the earlier 20th century to the ancient celebration of Dionysius.  None of these answers seemed to make sense to me, so I chose to focus on my love for Spring Break, no matter the origins.

As such, I will be taking this week to relax with my wife and Mr. Becket (the greatest dog in all the land), run a ton (Bearathon in a couple weeks, Cap10k two or three weeks after that), and travel to see some framily (that’s friends+family, according to Sprint) in Oklahoma.  Already, I’ve heard great news of a classmate getting engaged, so I know that some people are already having tons of fun.  I’m just hoping that some work happens.

As much as I appreciate a week off, this is also a great week to get caught up on some things that have been left undone, like reading and writing.  I look forward to the ability to work on things without having due dates as looming as they have been in the past.

What are you looking forward to?  And if you don’t get a Spring Break because you’re not a student, how do you nurture a healthy balance between work and your personal life?

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.