The U.S. Department of Defense is accepting proposals for social science research on topics related to the nation’s security policy under its Minerva Research Initiative.
Under the current funding announcement, DoD seeks to support projects in the following five areas listed below:
- Identity, influence and mobilization; culture, identity and security; influence and mobilization for change
- Contributors to societal resilience and change; governance and rule of law; migration and urbanization; populations and demographics; environment and natural resources; economics
- Power and deterrence; global order; power projection and diffusion; beyond conventional deterrence; area studies
- Analytical methods and metrics for security research
- Innovations in national security, conflict and cooperation