Present Your PhD:
Organizing Present Your PhD requires a lot of behind-the-scenes work in order to continueon a trajectory of growth. As an organization, we promise low time commitments, so the responsibility of maintenance falls on the shoulders of the Executive Leadership (Executive Board, Executive Members, Directors). The three members comprising this tier are undeniably passionate about outreach and community involvement. They each put in approximately five additional hours of work a week. This role is held until graduation, choosing to step down,or they are inactive for two or more consecutive semesters.
- Develop Present Your PhD as a recognized brand at Baylor University
- Establish novel connections with community members through STEM presentations and engagement
- Perform, model, and educate about science communication and outreach
- Mentor and guide member base
- Online presence growth and development (website building, design, mainteance; social media development)
- Writing training curriculum
- Develop innovation and growth strategies
Qualifications and Experience
- Must have worked with Present Your PhD for at least one semester as a member
- Understanding of and interest in STEM and STEM education
- Creative, detail-oriented, and professional
- Self-motivated, hardworking, and dependable
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, and collaborative skills
Applications not open on a rolling basis. Please monitor social media posts for notice of job openings.
Submit the following materials to email@example.com or use the form below:
- A cover letter explaining your interest in the position, your qualifications, and your knowledge, skills, and experiences relevant to the position.
- A current resume
- If applicable: any previous relevant leadership roles or activity in other scientific communication, curriculum-bulding, or outreach activities or positions
Note: We appreciate brevity of responses. Please do not feel as though you must use the entire word count in your responses.