Welcome!

The campus is once again buzzing with activity! Our new students are moving in and classes will begin on Monday.  For me, as an “adopted Bear,” this kicks off my first full Fall semester at Baylor.  I am excited to see all the new faces around campus.

As many of you have heard (and hopefully already agree), Baylor is a truly unique and special place.  I wanted to highlight a place that helps to make our institution so distinct.  You may have guessed it; it’s the Poage Legislative Library.

The W.R. Poage Legislative Library is located on the first floor of the W. R. Poage Legislative Library for Graduate Studies and Research building between Moody and Jones libraries.

Here are some quick facts about our library:

• We were established in 1979 and are the only congressional library dedicated wholly to the service of a member of the US House of Representatives, W.R. “Bob” Poage
  • Our collecting areas includes congressional, political and personal papers related to the history of Central Texas and the US
  • We are home to 12 congressional collections, 7 Texas legislators papers, and 4 sets of judicial papers
  • We also have a large editorial cartoon collection and we love our campaign memorabilia
  • In our holdings, you will find topics from to agriculture to religious liberty to veteran’s affairs

I invite you to get settled, and come on over and check us out! I’d love to show you around our Book Vault and have you tour our newest exhibit, John F. Kennedy:  His Life – His Presidency – His Legacy.

Please let the Poage Legislative Library be among the many to welcome you to the Baylor family!

Sic’em Baylor Class of 2017!

Debbie

Bob Bullock Archivist