Career Spotlight: Community Service Director

O*NET states that community service directors perform the following tasks:

• Evaluate the work of staff and volunteers to ensure that programs are of appropriate quality and that resources are used effectively.
  • Provide direct service and support to individuals or clients, such as handling a referral for child advocacy issues, conducting a needs evaluation, or resolving complaints.
  • Recruit, interview, and hire or sign up volunteers and staff.
  • Establish and maintain relationships with other agencies and organizations in community to meet community needs and to ensure that services are not duplicated.
  • Establish and oversee administrative procedures to meet objectives set by boards of directors or senior management.
  • Direct activities of professional and technical staff members and volunteers.
  • Plan and administer budgets for programs, equipment and support services.
  • Participate in the determination of organizational policies regarding such issues as participant eligibility, program requirements, and program benefits.
  • Prepare and maintain records and reports, such as budgets, personnel records, or training manuals.
  • Research and analyze member or community needs to determine program directions and goals.

Community service directors are knowledgeable in principles of business and management, human resources, psychology, sociology, and anthropology.

Community service directors possess active listening, speaking, and critical thinking skills. They cooperate with co-workers in a friendly, non-competitive environment. Community service directors need to be sensitive to others’ needs and feelings, and should have a desire to help people. The job also requires a willingness to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction.   

Helpful website: http://www.ehow.com/how_2164331_become-community-service-director.html

58 thoughts on “Career Spotlight: Community Service Director”

1. It’s the same topic , but I was quite surprised to see the opinions I didn’t think of. My blog also has articles on these topics, so I look forward to your visit.
    카지노 보증 업체 제이나인
    제이나인 먹튀 없는 사이트
    사설 먹튀 검증 제이나인
    제이나인 검증 카지노
    마닐라 카지노 제이나인
    https://www.j9korea.com/

2. Thank you for sharing valuable insights into the role of community service directors and the tasks they perform. O*NET provides a comprehensive overview of their responsibilities, highlighting the importance of effective program evaluation, direct service provision, staff and volunteer management, and establishing relationships with other organizations in the community.

The diverse skill set required for community service directors, encompassing business and management principles, human resources, psychology, sociology, and anthropology, underscores the multidisciplinary nature of this profession. Active listening, speaking, and critical thinking skills are crucial, along with the ability to collaborate and create a friendly and non-competitive work environment.

I appreciate the emphasis on sensitivity to others’ needs and feelings, as well as the desire to help people. Leadership qualities, such as taking charge, offering opinions, and providing direction, are essential in effectively managing community service programs.

The website you shared, appears to be a helpful resource for those interested in pursuing a career as a community service director. It likely offers guidance on the necessary steps and qualifications for entering this field.

In relation to this topic, I would like to ask: What initially sparked your interest in community service and the role of community service directors? Are there any specific community issues or causes that resonate with you and that you would like to contribute to in your future career?

Thank you again for sharing this informative post about community service directors. It sheds light on the importance of their work in serving communities and provides valuable information for aspiring professionals in this field.

3. If you’re looking for D4 Gold, you’re in the right place ! All of our Diablo IV coins are farmed by real players and delivery is usually within 15-30 minutes. Also, they do not receive payment until you confirm the purchase. You can use coins to acquire various items and supplies. Think of Diablo IV gold purchases.

4. Wow! Such an amazing and helpful post this is. I really really love it. It’s so good and so awesome. I am just amazed. I hope that you continue to do your work like this in the future also. Zonnepanelen Kinrooi

5. Very interesting blog. Alot of blogs I see these days don’t really provide anything that I’m interested in, but I’m most definately interested in this one. Just thought that I would post and let you know. Zonnepanelen Zichem

6. I’m excited to uncover this page. I need to to thank you for ones time for this particularly fantastic read !! I definitely really liked every part of it and i also have you saved to fav to look at new information in your site. Zonnepanelen Lommel

7. Wow! Such an amazing and helpful post this is. I really really love it. It’s so good and so awesome. I am just amazed. I hope that you continue to do your work like this in the future also. Zonnepanelen Merchtem

8. I can see that you are an expert at your field! I am launching a website soon, and your information will be very useful for me.. Thanks for all your help and wishing you all the success in your business. Zonnepanelen Meise

9. It’s really great. Thank you for providing a quality article. There is something you might be interested in. Do you know majorsite ? If you have more questions, please come to my site and check it out!

10. Born herve peugnet in 1957 in northern france, herve leger sale studied sculpture and art history in paris before leaving school to become a hairdresser, then a hat maker and eventually deciding to pursue fashion design.

11. I primi replica panerai prodotti da Wilsdorf & Davis erano marchiati “W&D” (le iniziali visibili all’interno della cassa). Hans Wilsdorf ha registrato il marchio “Rolex” a La Chaux-de-Fonds, in Svizzera, nel 1908.

12. I came to this site with the introduction of a friend around me and I was very impressed when I found your writing. I’ll come back often after bookmarking! majorsite

13. It’s the same topic , but I was quite surprised to see the opinions I didn’t think of. My blog also has articles on these topics, so I look forward to your visit. bitcoincasino

14. Lagi cari Jasa Live Streaming atau Dokumentasi Foto dan Video? Jangan khawatir, kini ada Letari Studio yang menawarkan
    layanan Jasa Live Streaming juga Dokumentasi Foto dan Video untuk Event dan Wedding Anda.