One of the more challenging aspects of selecting a major and career goal is when a student believes that their primary interests are in direct opposition to one another. Rather than a challenge, consider such a scenario as an opportunity to get creative.
Many students come to us who are attracted to the job opportunities available with a business major, yet they question if the resulting careers will allow them to help and serve other people. They often emphasize that they want to make a difference in the world. Here are a few options to ponder:
- Business for Secondary Education– This major allows students to gain a broad business background, as well as the opportunity to pursue a teacher certification upon graduation. You can share your business savvy with future generations, providing students with necessary skills for the workforce, and possibly even inspiring them to pursue a career in business.
- Human Resource Management– This major offers training in conflict resolution, staffing, and other subjects that prepare you for working with the employees of an organization.
- Marketing- Nonprofit and Development Track– Students can use this version of the marketing major to launch a career with agencies that have helping as their mission.
- Financial Planning– Assisting individuals with decisions regarding their finances is a role with long-term impact.
- Prehealth students might find the Bachelor of Science in Economics and Baylor Business Fellows programs to accommodate their prehealth courses a bit more easily than the traditional Bachelor of Business Administration.
- A business major is also strong preparation for a career in healthcare administration.
- Depending on how you choose to apply your business knowledge in the workforce, any business major can lead to a rewarding career that allows you to contribute to society in meaningful ways.
For more information, follow the hyperlinks above, or contact Career Counseling to begin your journey in combining your unique interests.