29 November 2020 – Reflection

The Warmth

Isaiah 64:1-9; Psalm 80:1-7, 17-19; 1 Corinthians 1:3-9; Mark 13:24-27

When I ponder on this time of year the word “warmth” comes to mind. Warm because at my home growing up my mom began making Mexican hot chocolate and her signature soup, pozole. Family and friends seem closer during this time as we rekindle or reignite the flame of our closeness that has potentially dwindled throughout the year.

This is also a time we prepare for weeks, and for some people months, in advance. I can’t help but think of the anticipation our cold world had waiting for the Messiah to bring back the warmth and the light in our lives. We saw glimpses of His light through the people of Israel. The people called out “Restore us, O God…” in anticipation that the promised Counselor would save.

Though it may be cold, holdfast, our Redeemer is to come. On this advent journey, let God’s warmth, through Jesus Christ, we experience today remind you to keep watch. Patiently wait for His light to completely remove all the cold of this world.

Do you need to rekindle your relationship with the Lord today? Has the coldness dwindled the light you had? Today is a good day to begin your journey.