jump to navigation

Alumna Elvia Aguilar Graduates from Leadership Program May 24, 2021

Posted by Mia Moody-Ramirez in : Uncategorized , trackback

Congratulations to Baylor JPR&NM alumna Elvia Aguilar, a recent graduate of Leadership Corpus Christi, a training program for emerging and existing leaders that builds the needed skills, knowledge, motivation, and vision to develop a stronger community.

Aguilar is the Assistant Director of Alumni Relations at Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi, who oversees the Austin, Houston and San Antonio Islander Alumni Chapters and the Islander Mentorship Program.

“It is my job to keep our family of Islanders near and far connected with our Island University,” she stated on her website. “Our goal is to grow alumni involvement and pride year-round. I am always on the lookout for ways to build bridges that connect current students to our more than 50,000 Islander Alumni.”

She graduated from Baylor University with a bachelor’s degree in journalism. She earned a master’s degree in Public Administration from the Island University in 2017.

”Thanks to the values my parents instilled in me, I have a deep passion for serving my community and I believe higher education helps cities be successful,” she said. Yes

Established in 1972 by the Chamber of Commerce, the program is the third oldest community leadership program in the state. Over 1,200 graduates are having a powerful impact on the community.

Comments»

no comments yet - be the first?