jump to navigation

Alumna Follows Heart May 19, 2021

Posted by Mia Moody-Ramirez in : Uncategorized , trackback

After spending six years in the agency world, working on behalf of top clients such as JPMorgan Chase, Verizon, Intel, BNY Mellon, Parmida Schahhosseini (’14) decided to do something more purposeful. She saw that her church, Central Presbyterian Church in New York City had an opening for a communications manager so after much prayer, she decided to pursue the position.

“It’s only been a couple of weeks since I started, but already I’m energized about the opportunities available to use my gifts to serve God,” she said.

Schahhosseini is also a former associate editor for http://LastWordOnProFootball.com covering the New York Jets and the NFL. She also contributed to The Jet Press. She started her sports writing career at the Baylor Lariat covering Baylor Football, Basketball, Softball and Soccer.

“It’s funny how life can be sometimes,” she said. “We plan for things. My goal in college was to become a senior vice president at a global agency one day, but God had a different path and he reoriented my desires accordingly.”

During her free time, Parmida enjoys running, reading, writing and belting Creed songs. She currently lives in New York, but is a true Texan at heart.

“I’m extremely blessed and excited for what else God has in store,” she said.

Comments»

no comments yet - be the first?