BAYLOR UNIVERSITY FULL GRADUATE ASSISTANTSHIP IN MASTER OF MUSIC IN CLARINET PERFORMANCE 2016-2017
· Teach applied students and/or methods class
· Perform in regularly scheduled chamber music classes
· Assist with departmental or research duties; or assist in the instrumental division
· Perform in the major ensembles of the School of Music as needed
Recitals; Chamber Music; Baylor Symphony; Wind Ensemble; Symphonic Band; Baylor Clarinet Choir and Regional Orchestras
THE ASSISTANTSHIP PROVIDES:
Assistantship includes tuition waiver and a generous stipend.
For INTERNATIONAL STUDENT ONLY:
Minimal TOFEL score requirement is 80!!
For more information about studying at Baylor, look at the other links under “Baylor” on this website. Also, go to:
Applicants must qualify for admission to the Graduate School in order to qualify for an assistantship. The Graduate Record Exam (GRE) is not required for performance majors. Official notice of graduate assistantships in the School of Music for 2014-2015 will be made in writing by the Director of Graduate Studies in March 2014.
Baylor University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.
Graduate Transfer students:
The School of Music will accept transfer credit from other institutions towards the Master of Music degree. Transfer of credit occurs after enrollment in the Graduate School and must be approved by the Graduate Program Director in consultation with appropriate faculty members, and by petition with appropriate documentation of transcripts to the Graduate School for approval.
Credit for graduate work transferred from other universities shall be allowed subject to the following provisions:
1. 25% of the required Baylor coursework (excluding internships, practica, recitals, and
theses) may be petitioned for transfer,
2. course work must be from an accredited university,
3. course work must have been taken no more than 5 years prior to matriculation,
4. course work must carry a grade of “B” or better,
All transfer courses must be approved by the Graduate School.
For further application information, write to:
Dr. Laurel Zeiss, Director of Graduate Studies
For further audition information, contact:
Dr.Jun Qian, Assistant Professor of Clarinet
Candidates are encouraged to schedule a pre-audition lesson or provide a representative recording before scheduling a personal audition. It is recommended you schedule your campus visit and audition on a school day rather than on one of the standard audition days. More Questions? Email or leave a comment on this page would be the best way to reach me.