5 Things Greater Than Sliced Bread

The MBA programming is in full swing now! We spent the first week going through orientation where we added cool new friends and met some of our awesome professors. For the last two weeks we have all been learning how to adjust to the pace of graduate school while maintaining a social life and finding time to sleep. All of it has been pretty fun, but I wanted to share with you my top 5 favorite parts so far!

5) MBA Olympics

During orientation week, we heard from different people about ways to get plugged in, what to expect, and what’s expected of us. We even did a mini case competition about retailers. On the last day, our class went out to test our skills at a ropes course. My competitive side really came out here. My team was doing fantastic until we risked 2,100 points on the final bonus round and lost every single point. Bummer. Surprisingly though, we finished 4th! Here are some of my favorite pictures.

(We successfully swung a little bucket on the rope across the line!)

IMG_9597(These were our leadership pants)

IMG_9904(The A Team taking on the a-frame)

4) Scoots and Suits

So I live 3 blocks away from campus, which is about a 6-minute walk. My roommate Garrett bought a scooter. After a long discussion about how I thought it looked childish, he convinced me to spend my dollars buying a scooter instead of a $370 parking pass. My commute to campus has been decreased to only 2 minutes now (a 66% decrease)! We also started an exclusive club of semi awesome people who ride scooters to class, The Scooter Squad.

Processed with Snapseed.

(If you look closely, you can see our squad logo on the front of my scooter)

3) Exploring Waco

Waco may not sound like it has a lot to offer, but you’d be very surprised. I have found some pretty cool hidden gems! Here’s a picture a snagged while exploring one day. (More Waco secrets to come in another blog)

Processed with Snapseed.

(Gogh Waco)

2) The President’s Suite

Football season has begun, and we’ve got the hook up. The MBA program rented out the President’s Suite in the McLane Stadium for us to have some hors d’oeuvres and network. It was a pretty “suite” place to hang out and chat with administrators who really care about us.

FullSizeRender 3(Great Gatsby or John Pham?)

(Two of our tallest students, and our shortest professor, Dr. Norman)

1) Free Drinks

Baylor has provided us with a lot of free coffee and juice. We have actually had quite a few free meals too. As a poor graduate student, I really appreciate this gesture. The free food saves us time and money and allows for us to bond and invest in the people around us. So here’s to free food and priceless friendships.

IMG_6154(Two of my closest friends who are quickly becoming my brothers, Garrett and Austin)

The academic side of graduate school is definitely time intensive and challenging (more about my classes soon), but there have been fun experiences at the turn of every corner. The best part is that it’s all just beginning.