Grand Tetons, WY

About Jeff

As Steve Martin would say … I was born at a very early age.

I grew up in a small town near Lubbock, TX. I began attending Baylor University in Waco, TX, in the 1990s. My wife and I met by attending the same church. We married shortly after I graduated with a degree in Electrical Engineering. We have three kids. As of 2015, one is attending Baylor, one is in high school, and one is in junior high. Our little cocker spaniel loves it when we’re all five home together.

I started working for Baylor’s IT department in 1997, when my oldest was 7 months old. I soon entered grad school, and earned my Master’s degree in Computer Science in 2007.

I love to learn. I love to tinker. I create automation to make the job of network administration easier for myself and hopefully for others, too. I also dabble in music making, and writing, and terrible dad jokes … My perpetual curiosity can be annoying to some. It may be appealing to others. I hope you’re here for the latter reason!

I’ve blogged intermittently in the past, but I can’t seem to sustain it for long. It’s January 2016 at this writing. Let’s see how long I can keep it going this time!