Day 1: What does it mean to be a good citizen?
- Opening Session: Welcome
- iCivics Games: Activate
- Discuss and explore community issues
- Participate in Community Issues Fair
Day 2: How can citizens investigate community issues?
- Opening Session: Alan Albright, U.S. District Judge
- iCivics Games: Counties Work
- Research on community issues
- Field trip to the Poage Legislative Library
Day 3: What does it mean to advocate?
- Opening Session: John Bible, Central Texas African American Chamber of Commerce
- iCivics Games: Do I Have a Right
- Civic Engagement Sessions: Shark Tank, Breakout Boxes, Advocacy Alive
Day 4: How can we advocate effectively for an issue?
- Opening Session: John Calaway, Executive Director of Mission Waco
- iCivics Games: Represent Me!, Immigration Nation, Sortify: U.S. Citizenship
- Creation of advocacy project
- Crowdsourcing and interviewing experts
Day 5: Advocacy Project Workday and Issue Showcase