When I called Chloe Renforth to let her know I needed to interview her on who I was she quickly responded: “Hannah Bogue, nobody can define you, you are too many things!!” I have held onto that throughout the process, and often heard dead silence from the other line as each girl pondered what I was asking. It led me to reflect on how I viewed their opinions, what their words taught me, and how I can move forward from here.

Of course I hold my friends in a high esteem, they are intelligent and kind girls who always have my best interest. The only fault I found was the lack of depth in their point of view. They often bowed to my commandeering nature, accepting what I wanted to be and not pushing me to think outside of the box. In fact, throughout the interview, they decorated my box quite nicely. I’m unsure if this is a positive or negative aspect of my friendships but I do know it is a present force. Taking it as such, I have found weakness and strength in their opinions. Weakness in that they are heavily influenced by my mantra of Law, Liberty and Lincoln. Strength in that they know what I stand for.

Their responses were easy to agree with- no one is going to be harsh in a course required interview. However, I wished they had been more insightful, deeper on an intellectual or spiritual level. It was easy for each of them to point out a weakness, not taking the expected thirty second pause to consider their most well presented words. Yet, defining gifts seemed hard, each grumbled to themselves for extended periods of times. The result was not worth the wait, with very vague wording, such as humour and love. From this I learned that it is important to be your best self with people, but it is equally as important to be your worst self, because within your best self people will always find the worst, and within your worst self people will come to find your best.