About Me

Page

Overall:

My name is Emily Hicks. I am 19 years old and I attend Baylor University. I am a photographer, a dancer, and a singer. I love to experience what the world has to offer. I have not traveled the world yet, but I will. So far I have been overseas three times, once to Italy and two other times to Ateiku, Ghana for mission work. I have been fortunate to make wonderful memories right here in Waco, Texas. Back at home my family currently lives in Sunnyvale, Texas in a house we bought two years ago. We have a golden retriever named Daisy and she is a handful. We also have a shihzu named Bella and a rag doll cat named Sassy.

Immediate Family

Photo by Emily Hicks

Siblings:

Let’s take a step back and start at the beginning. My brother, Braden, was born on September 30th, 1991. Then I came along in 1996 on May 3rd, and two years later in 1998 my sister, Sara was born. We lived in Temple, Texas for the longest time. My dad commuted two hours to work every day until my parents could afford to move closer to work. My older brother and younger sister made a lot of memories growing up. I don’t know what life would be like if I didn’t have them by my side. My brother was the star athlete of the family. He was good at just about every sport. He pitched on the varsity baseball team in high school and was quarterback for varsity football too. As I moved up in elementary school and middle school, all of my teachers knew my brother and were so excited to have me as they student. I had some big shoes to fill thanks to my brother. Soon enough, my sister experienced the same thing. All of Sara’s teachers knew my brother and I and were pleased to have my sister as their student. Yet each one of us is so different. My sister was a kind of a tomboy growing up. She wasn’t afraid to get dirty and she loved using her hands. I loved using my hands too, but in a much different way. I loved painting, drawing, coloring, and making my ideas come to life. My brother loved being out on the field with his team mates. Each of us are still to this day very different, but we made each other who we are.

Parents:

My loving parents, Michael and Teresa Hicks, have been wonderful to me. My mom stayed at home to look after us, while my dad worked hard every day. We did not have a lot of money growing up until my father was fired from his job and decided to start his own business (BEST Promotions USA). My father getting fired was the best thing that happened to my family. The first year was rough, but soon enough BEST was growing and we were doing quite well. A cool fact about the business, BEST stands for Braden, Emily, Sara, and Teresa. BEST was born in 2007 and we have been thriving ever since.

Parents

Photo by Emily Hicks

Pets:

I couldn’t leave my beloved pets out of my life description, that just wouldn’t be fair. My family had a dalmatian named Cody for a few years. Unfortunately, he wasn’t great with kids. While my mom was pregnant with my sister, Cody decided to bite me right near my eye socket. I was only two years old or so at the time, so my parents decided to get rid of Cody. Once we moved to Mesquite, Texas (which was close to my dad’s work) my older brother picked out a dog for the family. Braden picked out the runt of the litter, a little golden retriever, and he named her Sophie. From the time I was 3 years old till I was 17, Sophie was apart of our family. She passed away due to old age, but her spirit lives on. Sophie brought my siblings and I together and we created many memories with her. A few years after Sophie passed away, we decided to get another golden retriever. We picked out a 10 month old puppy and named her “Daisy.” Daisy is the complete opposite of Sophie, but we still love her. She is so playful and she is always getting into something. We also got a cat, Sassy, who lounges around and hates the other dogs. I almost forgot about my mom’s dog, Bella, she is a shih-tzu. Ever since Sophie died Bella has been depressed and refuses to play with Daisy. As you can see, I have a small animal kingdom back home. However, I wouldn’t trade them for the world!

Profile 3

All senior photos by Sarah Henderson

If you would like to visit my photography website, click here. 

To find out more about my awesome college, click here.

If you’d like to contact me, shoot me an email here.

To learn more about my involvement in Ateiku, Ghana, watch this video and click on the “LIFE” tab on the dashboard.

To find out more about me click one of these options: