What does this tool do?
- Calculates the probability of a document’s authorship based on writing styles.
- This field of analysis is called Stylometry. (Stylometry – Wikipedia)
How does the tool do this?
- This tool uses the Burrow’s Delta Method to calculate the probability of a document’s authorship. (Programming Historian’s Overview of this Method)
- This tool uses the fastylometry Python library to implement the Burrow’s Delta Method.
- A special thank you to Thomas Wood for creating this library. Also thank you for this helpful tutorial.
- Upload Files to Google Drive
- Files must be pre-uploaded to a top-level directory in your Google Drive account.
- You will be prompted to connect your Google Drive and then you will select the top-level directory that contains the documents.
- File Naming Requirements
- Files need to be structured as author-title.extension. For example, Austen-Pride & Prejudice.docx.
Writing Style Similarity: Calculate Probability of Authorship Based on an Implementation of Stylometry