Attention Qualitative Data Researchers: Three big changes to NVivo here at Baylor that you need to know about.
(1) Baylor University licenses for NVivo are upgrading to NVivo (Release 1) for both Windows and Mac.
- See a list of updates and changes here.
- Highlights of changes:
- Substantive updates to the look and feel. For an example, see the screenshot above.
- The term node has been replaced with the term code.
- An often requested feature, viewing highlighted codes in the source document is now possible.
(2) Baylor University has a new license agreement with NVivo that provides:
- Unlimited simultaneous access for all faculty, staff, and graduate students.
- All faculty, staff, and graduate students can install NVivo on two Baylor or personal computers. Windows and Mac options are both available. Contact the Help Desk for assistance, Helpdesk <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
- Undergraduate students, contact the Helpdesk <email@example.com> as there are ways you can access NVivo as well.
(3) The TDM: Qualitative Data Analysis Using NVivo video module in the Baylor Digital Scholar Program has been updated to reflect the latest NVivo (Release 1) version.
- Access this training by self-enrolling in the Data Scholar Canvas course here: https://baylor.instructure.com/enroll/9GTHDJ. Then click Text Data Mining.
- Here is a list of what is covered in the training module:
- Working with documents, surveys, transcripts, and social media
- Thematic nodes
- Case classifications
- Memos and annotations