Live OCI Q/A August 9th, 2016 at 3:00pm

Tagged: 

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Daniel Hare
    Keymaster

By the way, be sure to click on the Subscribe button on the bottom-right to get an email when a new blog post goes up!

DH

Tim

Thanks for doing this, Daniel and Angela.

Quick question regarding attire. I have read contradicting things online (some places say that wearing a black suit is a “power move” and shouldn’t be done, while others say black is the way to go. Some places recommend a gray suit, while others say gray is a “no-go”). What are your thoughts on that, or does it not matter?

I recommend gray or navy for men. Black should be reserved for formal events.

Taylor Levesque

Thanks for doing this! Do you have any suggestions about how to ask firm-specific questions like “what is the division of responsibility for a junior associate?” without sounding very generic or unprepared?

While we are talking about attire … Women can wear black, navy, or gray. Skirt suits are still best for women, but you should wear pantyhose with your skirt suit.

Let’s talk piercings and tattoos! Piercings: Take them out. As far as tattoos, you should do your best to cover them. Remember legal employers are still quite conservative.

Daniel Hare
    Keymaster

Hey Taylor! Not entirely sure I understand the sample question. Are you asking what level of work do junior associates get?

I think the best way to make questions firm specific is to use clients or cases you can read about online to form the context. So if the firm helped put together the Sirius/XM merger deal, you might cite that specifically and ask what role did the junior associates play.

I also think looking at matters individual attorneys list in their bios as what they have worked on can help form good substantive questions as well that are firm-specific.

DH

OCI Reminder:
    Please remember to arrive at the CDO ten minutes before your interview and to check in with Monica or another member of the CDO staff before each interview. Never go directly to the interview room.

Have you all selected your interview times? You have until 11:59 p.m. tonight. If you don’t select your time, we will do it for you!

Daniel Hare
    Keymaster

Last call for questions!

Thank you for joining us. You should take your interviews seriously, but I hope you will try to enjoy the process! We are here for you and will be happy to answer any questions you have throughout OCI. Good luck to you all!

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • The topic ‘Live OCI Q/A August 9th, 2016 at 3:00pm’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar