jump to navigation

Bienvenue! October 1, 2019

Posted by cristian_bratu in : Uncategorized , trackback

Cristian Bratu

Welcome to my website. I am an Associate Professor of French at Baylor University in the Department of Modern Languages and Cultures (Division of French and Italian).

My undergraduate studies took me from Romania to Germany and then France. I received my M.A. from the Ecole Normale Supérieure/Université Lumière Lyon 2 (Lyons, France) in 2001. I started my pre-doctoral coursework in France and in 2002 I crossed the Atlantic in order to pursue a doctorate at New York University. In 2007 I received my Ph.D. in French, with a focus in medieval literature.

I like teaching French language, literature and culture. My research interests include French medieval literature, narrative literature, historiography, and the concept of authorship in the Early Modern period. Although I am primarily interested in the Middle Ages, I also work with French theory and contemporary cinema.

My favorite pastime is reading. That would explain why my personal motto is In libris libertas (in books, there is freedom). But during the little free time that I have, I also enjoy watching movies (French movies, most of the time).

Baylor University is an exciting place to be, with its double emphasis on teaching and research. It is also an institution with a vision and tremendous appetite for growth, and this is why I am extremely happy to be part of the Baylor community.

Cristian_Bratu@baylor.edu

tumblr statistics

Comments

Sorry comments are closed for this entry