Baylor Covid-19 Information
Baylor University’s Coronavirus (Covid-19) Information
Updated COVID-19 Protocols
Based on latest guidance from the CDC and Waco-McLennan County Public Health District
As of: August 23rd 2022
- Testing Hours: Optional COVID testing available through the Health Portal on the Health Center website. Home test kits are widely available. Faculty, staff, and students are encourages to use these. Students who are symptomatic can schedule a testing appointment in the Health Center through the Health Portal.
- COVID vaccinations/boosters, flu shots: Vaccination clinics for both COVID vaccines/ boosters and flu shots are announced by the heath center. Please check your inboxes for those clinics. Boosters for both Moderna and Pfizer COVID-19 booster doses are given in the Heath Center on the first Thursday and Friday of each month. Schedule via the Health Portal.
- Masks: Optional in academic classrooms and labs, other than when requested in private offices, while in the Health Center or the NVCC testing & vaccination clinic and when in isolation or quarantine.
Follow the link below and make sure to read all the Coronovirus (Covid-19) information provided by Baylor University.
Follow all Safety Measures
Getting Tested for Coronavirus (Covid-19)
Watch for symptoms
People with COVID-19 have had a wide range of symptoms reported – ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. People with these symptoms may have COVID-19:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
This list does not include all possible symptoms and will be updated as more information becomes available.
If you have been exposed to or think you have symptoms of Covid-19, you should get tested.
Call the Baylor Health Center at 254-710-1010 to make an appointment. Do not show up at the health center without an appointment. Baylor Covid-19 testing is located at the lefthand side entrance of the Student Life Center next to the outdoor workout equipment.
If you have any questions or concerns related to the coronavirus, you can also contact the Baylor Health Center at their coronavirus hotline 254-710-4939.