The Spring Internship & Career Fair is one week away! The fair will be held on Thursday, February 12, 12:30-4:30 p.m. at the Waco Convention Center, 100 Washington Ave.
*There will be round-trip shuttle service that will pick-up every 15 minutes behind Cashion Academic Center at 4th and Speight.
*A “LinkedIn” Photo Booth will be available for the first 400 students and alumni to have a professional profile picture taken for their LinkedIn profiles.
This fair will be our largest career fair to date with 156 organizations registered to attend with 375 total recruiters. The recruiters will share about entry-level career positions and internships. While some companies do seek specific majors, most companies are open to all majors. We encourage you to prepare for the fair in the next week-here’s how:
Student “to do” list before the Spring Job & Internship Fair:
- Research the attending companies (See who’s attending the Internship & Career Fair!)
- Log in to your HireABear account and schedule a mock interview with college recruiters February 6 and 11. A mock interview is one of the very best ways to prepare for an actual employment interview and it will help improve the way you present yourself. These 30-minute interviews are meant to be as realistic as possible. You will be asked interview questions that would be asked by actual employers.
- Bring several copies of your résumé (have it reviewed by a Career & Professional Development staff member prior to the fair). Résumé walk-in hours
- Practice your 30-second commercial. (See BearFacts pg. 23)
- Bring your student ID to the fair
- Dress for success (business casual dress required; professional dress recommended–no jeans, shorts, t-shirts, workout clothes)
Good luck in your internship and job search!