“B” Association to Honor Former Wide Receiver Melvin Bonner

The “B” Association and Baylor Athletics will recognize former Baylor wide receiver, Melvin Bonner, as a 2022 Baylor Football Legend at the Baylor vs. TCU game on November 19th at McLane Stadium. 

A native of Van Vleck, Texas, Bonner earned four varsity letters for the Bears from 1989-1992. He ended his career as one of Baylor’s finest wide receivers ever to wear the green and gold.  His 21.57-yard per catch average still ranks as the best in school history for players who caught a minimum of 50 career passes, and his 19 Career Touchdown Receptions tie College Football Hall of Famer Lawrence Elkins for the 8th spot on the Bears’ all-time list.  Standing at No. 12  all-time in Career Receiving Yards (1,984), Bonner is a two-time consensus All-SWC performer (1991 and 1992), and he was named the 1992 Sun Bowl Most Valuable Player. In that game, he caught five passes for 166 yards and a pair of touchdown passes to help lead the Bears to a 20-15 victory over Arizona, which marked the final game for Hall of Fame head coach Grant Teaff.

Bonner was selected in the sixth round of the 1993 NFL Draft by the Denver Broncos and spent two seasons (1993 and 1994) with the organization. He is a member of Baylor Football’s All-Decade Team of the 2010s and the Baylor Athletic Hall of Fame.  Bonner currently resides in LaMarque, Texas, and he is in his 25th year of service at Jim Green’s Kidz Harbor in Liverpool, Texas.

Please join us this Saturday in giving a warm Baylor welcome to 2022 Football Legend, Melvin Bonner!

2 thoughts on ““B” Association to Honor Former Wide Receiver Melvin Bonner

1. I’m thrilled to see Melvin Bonner being recognized as a 2022 Baylor Football Legend. When I was a student, I was his huge fan. I was pretty busy with my college tasks, so I was searching for an opportunity to work with experts from MySuperGeek. I needed personalized approach to improve my grades, so my friend recommended to check mysupergeek reviews/ and consider getting tutoring services. Back to Melvin Bonner, it’s impressive to see his achievements on the field, including his 21.57-yard per catch average and 19 Career Touchdown Receptions. Congratulations to him on this well-deserved recognition.