A Special Message from President Michael Johnson

Hello Baylor Family,

Having spent the past few weeks in this new “normal” I have had a few moments to recognize how well my blessings and life’s priorities have converged. We all find ourselves counting our blessings as we deal with shelter-in-home actions having rediscovered the value of long-forgotten activities and relationships. I imagine you can relate to a few of mine: Watching the creative energies of my kids unfold via the miracles of technology, enjoying regular dinner times together at home, and even getting to work on some home projects I’ve been putting off for far too long. Isaiah 26:20 – Come, my people, enter thou into thy chambers, and shut thy doors about thee: hide thyself as it were for a little moment, until the indignation be overpast.

In the past three weeks, I have seen so many awesome examples of the amazing commitment and adaptability in our lives. We are all grateful for God’s grace leading us through the COVID-19 pandemic. I sincerely hope you and your loved ones are safe. We will continue to pray for all who have been impacted by this crisis. I ask that all Baylor Letterwinners continue to be leaders like we were in sports and in the classroom. A story I have witnessed so often – when times are hard, the best in humanity shines in the form of selfless helpers making a difference. It’s still a great time to be a Baylor Bear.

Sic ’em!

Michael Johnson aka Big Mike
“B” Association President, 2020
Football 1994-97

To return to the main page, click here.

One thought on “A Special Message from President Michael Johnson