Be the Difference-Maker

What a Great Day to be a Baylor Bear! I keep pinching myself to make sure I’m awake and not dreaming. Are the Bears really 9-0? The success of Baylor Football so far this season has been nothing short of spectacular. Fresh off of an exciting triple overtime victory over TCU, the Bears will enter the game on Saturday against the Oklahoma Sooners as the lone undefeated team in the Big 12 Conference. Several of my friends now claim they predicted this outcome at the start of the season.  Uh right, I’m calling BS on all of them.

As we prepare to host ESPN’s College Game Day for the third time Baylor history, I can’t help but to reflect back to the year the show was last hosted in Waco. That year was 2015. Can you name the opponent? That’s right, Oklahoma. In 2015, both teams were led by outstanding quarterbacks (Jarett Stidham, Baylor and Baker Mayfield, OU). The teams were both ranked nationally (#6 Baylor and #12 OU) with Baylor entering the game undefeated and Oklahoma having suffered only one loss. Unfortunately, the Bears took the L that day, losing to the Sooners by 10 points 44-34. That was then. This is now. While the upcoming game on Saturday presents many challenges to each team, the homefield advantage belongs to the Bears. That may be the difference-maker in the game. So let’s be sure to do our part to help the Bears win. Come out to the game, be loud, and let’s help get that W! 

Sic ’em!

Walter Abercrombie
Associate AD/Executive Director, Baylor “B” Association

To return to the home page, click here.