Fall Sports Leading the Way

What a Great Day to be a Baylor Bear! If you haven’t noticed, Baylor women’s sports are on fire this fall. Currently leading the way with an undefeated season is Coach Ryan McGuyre and his #2 ranked Baylor Volleyball team. After an impressive 3-0 win over Texas State on Tuesday in Waco, the Lady Bears remain the only undefeated college volleyball team in the nation, having won its 10th-straight match. The team (10-0) will take its undefeated record into Big 12 action when it opens conference play at Kansas (4-6) on Saturday at 1:00pm. The match will be aired live on ESPN+. Also, for the first time since 2015, the Baylor Soccer team is off to a 1-0 start in Big 12 play after defeating Kansas State, 1-0, in double overtime Thursday night in Manhattan, Kansas. If you have not seen these teams play this year, please make it a point to catch an upcoming match. You won’t regret it.

Yesterday was a special day for me because the good Lord blessed me to see another year. I turned 60 years old! That stat is simply mind-blowing to me. It does not seem that long ago that I roamed the campus as a young student-athlete sporting a three-inch long afro and bell bottom jeans. Time sure has flown by fast. The reality of getting older reminds me of a funny story about an old man named Ernie. Ernie’s memory was beginning to fade, so he went to see his doctor and said, “Doc, I’m losing my memory.” The doctor asked, “When did this begin?” Ernie replied, “When did what begin?” I used to laugh when I would hear Ernie’s story. Now, at 60 years old, I can relate to it.

On that note, let us NOT forget to come out and support our currently undefeated Baylor Football team (3-0) by wearing our GOLD shirts to McLane Stadium tomorrow for the “GOLD OUT” game, as the Bears take on Iowa State at 2:30pm. Hope to see you there.

Sic ’em!

Walter Abercrombie
Associate AD/Executive Director, Baylor “B” Association

To return to the home page, click here.