Bears Ready to Prove Themselves

wa-photoIf you think like me, you already know the Bears are extremely talented, but you may not be completely convinced they are a good football team. Your doubts should be put to rest on Saturday after the Bears face SMU. Despite the outcome, it will be fun to watch these two old Southwest Conference rivals battle it out. As the excitement and momentum builds up for the game, I am reminded of the church member who said to his pastor, “Reverend Johnson, I have a small problem. I would like to attend services next Sunday, but the Cowboys are playing the Redskins that day and I just can’t miss that game.” “Oh my son,” said the pastor, “that is what recorders are for.” The church member’s face lit up, “You mean I can record your sermon?”

Hopefully, no such conflicts exist for you on Saturday. Without question, the Mustangs will be a formidable opponent, it will be an opportunity to for them to make a statement.  They are among the schools being considered to join the Big 12 Conference if the conference expands.  A win against the Bears would be a huge step in their favor. Also, this would be a chance for SMU head coach Chad Morris to capture his first signature victory and a win in Waco would do them wonders in recruiting. As you can see, there is a lot on the line for SMU.

Are the Baylor Bears a good team?  A solid win over the highly motivated SMU Mustangs would go a long way in convincing us they are. The Bears had a great week of practice so I know they are ready for this challenge. I bet you are too. See you at the game.

Walter Abercrombie
Executive Director, Baylor “B” Association

One thought on “Bears Ready to Prove Themselves

1. We can’t wait to see the Bears this Saturday. The family and I will be in attendance. Sic’Em!