“B” Association to Honor Former Linebacker James Francis

BU FB Francis_JamesAt the Baylor vs. West Virginia game on Saturday, October 17, 2015, the “B” Association will recognize former All-American and 11-year NFL veteran James Francis as a Baylor Football Legend.

A LaMarque, Texas native, Francis earned four varsity letters in football for the Bears and two in basketball during his stellar college career from 1986 to 1989.  He currently ranks 4th in career sacks with 13.5 and he ranks 6th in career total tackles.

As a true freshman, Francis helped lead the Bears to a 21-9 victory over the Colorado Buffalos in the 1986 Bluebonnet Bowl. He went on to become one of the Southwest Conference’s most dominant defensive players, earning consensus 1st team All-Conference honors in 1989, and he was selected to the 1st team AP and AFCA All-America teams the same year. In his two seasons on the men’s basketball team, he led the Bears to the NIT in 1986 and the NCAA Tournament in 1988.

Francis was the 12th overall pick by the Cincinnati Bengals in the 1st round of the 1990 NFL Draft.  During his 9 seasons with the Bengals, he collected 11 interceptions, 33 Quarterback sacks, and 11 forces fumbles.  He joined the Washington redskins in 1999 for his 10th and final year of professional football.  Francis is a member of Baylor Football’s All-Decade Team of the 1980’s and he was selected to Baylor’s Athletic Hall of Fame in 2001.  He is also the younger brother of former Baylor All-American and Dallas Cowboy Cornerback, Ron Francis.

2015 Baylor Football Legends
Sept. 12 vs. Lamar – Billy Glass Jr.
Sept. 26 vs. Rice – Kris Micheaux
Oct. 17 vs. W. Virginia – James Francis
Nov. 14 vs. Oklahoma – Maurice Lane
Dec. 5 vs. Texas – Daniel Sepulveda

14 thoughts on ““B” Association to Honor Former Linebacker James Francis

1. First of all, thank you for your post. casinocommunity Your posts are neatly organized with the information I want, so there are plenty of resources to reference. I bookmark this site and will find your posts frequently in the future. Thanks again ^^

2. Of course, your article is good enough, slotsite but I thought it would be much better to see professional photos and videos together. There are articles and photos on these topics on my homepage, so please visit and share your opinions.

3. I have been looking for articles on these topics for a long time. safetoto I don’t know how grateful you are for posting on this topic. Thank you for the numerous articles on this site, I will subscribe to those links in my bookmarks and visit them often. Have a nice day

4. Exporthub is an online market where you can buy and sell everything relating to clothing, exercise, and other topics. Please visit the Vietnam B2B Marketplace if you are a citizen of that country.

5. TradeKey.com is the world’s leading and fastest-growing online business-to-business (B2B) marketplace that connects small and medium businesses across the globe for international trade.
    Visit us : https://www.tradekey.com/

6. Thanks for sharing.I found a lot of interesting information here. A really very thankful and hopeful that you will write many more posts like this one.
    Visit Us : : Marketing Tips & Tricks

7. Im no expert, but I believe you just made an excellent point. You certainly fully understand what youre speaking about, and I can truly get behind that
    Virtual Tradeshow