No Hero? That’s Life.

What purpose does Thackeray have in the novel by not presenting a hero? Is it because he thinks that Hero’s are overrated? Or is it that a hero has no place in upper society? Or is it simply because there are no real heroes in life?

There isn’t a heroic figure in Vanity Fair because Thackeray is presenting more than a novel on upper society but a take on life itself. The construct just happens to be the upper classes because those were the people who people looked to as a source of what life should be like while the truth is far from that. Thackeray is painting a picture of life as he knew it and in the mix imparting some wisdom about life. In Vanity Fair, there are no heroes, but there are plenty of examples of the different types of people. The self centered (Becky), the caring (Amelia), the father (Rawdon), and many others as well. There are role models and not so great models of behavior. It shows the ups and downs and unfortunate events that occur in life. The loss of a loved one, missed opportunities, lying, cheating, stealing. All of it apart of the human condition and all of it implicit in the way that Thackeray knew life.

17 thoughts on “No Hero? That’s Life.

1. Thanks, heaps again for the tips, I always come to your website looking for updates and new posts. We as working in Search engine optimization it helps us a lot that you’re giving us so many opportunities in our line. And it gave us knowledge and points at the same time. I hope you lead on the right path. The Unbeatable Baccarat Tips

2. Very nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wished to say that I’ve truly enjoyed surfing around your blog posts. After all I will be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again soon!| Situs bonanza138

3. website you have here but I was curious about if you knew of any message boards that cover the same topics discussed in this article? I’d really like to be a part of group where I can get feedback from other experienced individuals that share the same interest. If you have any suggestions, please let me know. Bonanza138

4. Explainer videos are shortly animated or live-action video explainers that communicate a message in a clear, concise, and memorable way. Animated explainer videos can be used to tell almost any kind of brand story. Some of the ways an explanatory video is helpful are product launches, business explanations, and storytelling, among others.

Visit here: https://explainervideos.ca/

5. در این بررسی betforward ، متوجه شدیم که بخش ورزشی بت فوروارد دارای شانس بسیار بالا و مجموعه بازی های غنی است. ما به شما توصیه می کنیم شانس خود را با این بازی ها امتحان کنید. می توانید از رویدادهای زنده و خیلی چیزهای دیگر لذت ببرید.