The Writing Center – Online!
Here is a message from Baylor’s Writing Center:
“As the Baylor community works together to transition to online instruction, we at the University Writing Center (UWC) would like to make you aware of the services we have available to support you. Our online tutoring services have been established and flourishing for several years, and we are prepared to continue serving as a remote resource for Baylor writers for the rest of this semester. At the UWC, we offer tutoring services to all members of the Baylor community free of charge. Our consultants are trained to provide assistance on any writing project at any stage of the writing process:
- We are qualified readers of print-based, digital, and multimodal compositions.
- We consult over class assignments as well as outside writing such as personal statements, job applications, and cover letters.
- We help with issues particular to multilingual (ESL/ELL) writers.
- Most importantly, we tailor our support to meet each writer’s individual needs. Our goal in tutoring sessions is to help writers become better drafters, reviewers, and editors of their own work.
There are two types of online appointments:
- Synchronous online consultations that take place in real time with both tutor and writer present via our appointment website, baylor.mywconline.com. Both parties are able to view the writer’s work on-screen and can communicate through audio/video or chat.
- Asynchronous consultations, or eTutoring consultations, that do not take place in real time but allow writers to upload their work (and the relevant prompt or instructions, if applicable), list out their concerns, and receive electronic written feedback from a consultant within 48 hours of the appointment slot. These appointments can also be scheduled through our appointment website.
More information about both types of online appointments can be found on our Online Consultations webpage.”