Mar 15 2014

The Next Step…

Published by at 11:16 pm under Uncategorized

Hey guys,

I hope all of you had a safe and restful spring break! Before our Monday lab, I just wanted to share my reflections on our lab time thus far….

After two weeks of intense annotating, it’s hard to believe that we’re officially done the preliminary stages of learning about our phage, Amigo! Quite frankly, I’m surprised how efficient we have become as a class. I remember when we were first introduced to annotating and how lost everyone was (it may have been just me…), so to say that we finished the entire genome is really amazing.

Now comes the more tedious part – proofreading and tying everything together. Even now, we have so much information that needs to be verified and analyzed. I think it will be good to get more than one perspective on our annotations, so that we know we are submitting the best possible product. Moreover, I’m excited to see how all of our hypothetical proteins and unknown protein functions fit together as a whole. Perhaps we will be able to deduce patterns or find something entirely new.

Whatever is in store, I’m looking forward to sharing it will all of you!

Scott Lee

No responses yet

Trackback URI | Comments RSS