Nov 19 2013

Contamination! :(

Published by at 1:38 am under Uncategorized

Today in lab I found out that all ten plates of my ten plate test and my spot test were all contaminated! I think that it is the Top Agar because my negative was also contaminated. It looked like I had a webbed plate but I didn’t want to flood a plate that was contaminated so I decided to redo both tests. I made new Top Agar and made sure to be extra careful about using the aseptic technique.¬†I am doing two tests at once (the 10 plate test and the spot test of my new lysate to find the titer) to make sure that I don’t have to back track.¬†Hopefully on Wednesday I will get good results and be able to move forward!!

No responses yet

Trackback URI | Comments RSS

Leave a Reply