Nov 11 2013

DNA!

Published by at 6:23 am under phage

After verifying I had a surprisingly accurate calculation for my webbed plate I moved on to flooding and filtering. Unfortunately filters did not quite agree with the gooey arthrobacter(centrifuging it didn’t help either), which just meant I got to spend more time in the lab. Two other students and myself moved on to preparing our samples for DNA extraction.  Although I spent an extra large amount of time in the lab, it all payed off on Wednesday when all three of us were able to extract the DNA from our phages and verify its presence and purity.  🙂

Comments Off on DNA!

Comments are closed at this time.