Chutes and Ladders

I have found that these past couple months have been like a really unlucky game of chutes and ladders. Every time we roll, we make some progress, but then we somehow always end on a chute. But last Thursday we rolled again and hit a ladder! We found a phage! Now onto purifying. Hopefully from now on we will keep having good rolls and hit all the ladders along the way. May the odds be ever in your favor!

I know that failure is supposed to be part of science, but failure still is not fun. I know Dr. Gibbon and Dr. Adair would probably say that all this time spent not finding a phage is a good lesson for us, but I am just so happy it is over. Finally, the end to enrich, grid the plate, serially dilute, etc., repeat is over! Bethany was kind enough to hand over her phage to my clumsy (but loving) hands and now we get to end the monotony of the past two months and work with an actual phage! Let the purifying begin! Tomorrow we get to check our purified phages and make more progress!

One thought on “Chutes and Ladders

1. carterlantz

That is awesome. I like your analogy with chutes and ladders because it is so true. You may think you have a phage, but it is really not. I hope your phage catches and you can move forward!

Reply