The Armstrong Browning Library’s collection materials will (again) be available to readers in the third-floor Belew Scholars’ Room beginning August 24th. Baylor University’s procedures and practices for the COVID-19 pandemic apply to all individuals in the Armstrong Browning Library. At this time the capacity of the Belew Scholars’ Room is 3 researchers. Individuals needing to access collection materials in the Belew Scholars’ Room will be accommodated on a first-come, first-served basis. To schedule an appointment and reduce wait time for materials, readers are encouraged to email, email@example.com, at least 48 hours before their visit to request the materials they expect to use.
We are currently asking readers to complete the “Application for Use of Research Materials” prior to arriving at the Armstrong Browning Library and encouraging applications along with a copy of a photo ID to be submitted electronically (.jpg and .pdf files recommended) to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Adaptations to the Armstrong Browning Library’s “Regulations for Use of Research Materials”
1. Researchers should not enter the Library Services Center. They should show photo ID and tell the Library Services Assistant their name, so that the Library Services Assistant can sign-in the reader.
2. Readers are encouraged to email, email@example.com, at least 48 hours before their visit to request the collection materials they expect to use.
3. When leaving the Belew Scholars’ Room, researchers must notify the Library Services Assistant who will sign-out the reader, unlock the researcher’s locker, and either remove materials to quarantine area or unlock the holds cabinet so that readers can place the materials they wish to place on hold inside the cabinet.
* Researchers must leave their masks on while in the Belew Scholars’ Room (even if they are the only person present).
Armstrong Browning Library’s Adaptations to Collections Access
- Hand sanitizer is available in the Belew Scholars’ Room near the public computers and the reference collection.
- Researchers may request materials via email: firstname.lastname@example.org rather than filling out call slips.
- Materials will be pulled twice daily, at approximately 10am and 2pm (depending on staff availability).
- Materials pulled and delivered using gloves.
- After use by reader, materials will be quarantined for 3 days before they will be re-shelved or available for use by another reader.
- Only the Library Services Assistant will unlock and lock (touch the keys and handles of) lockers and the holds cabinet.
Virtual research assistance is available via email for individuals unable to visit the Belew Scholars’ Room.