Home Stretch

By Susannah Mohrmann

Summer is ALMOST here!

One major difference between high school and college is that even though summer is highly anticipated, it is much harder to say goodbye to a year than it used to be. Although I am looking forward to classes ending tomorrow and going back to Houston this summer, leaving is going to be much more difficult. Why?

College is fun. Baylor is incredible and my second home. I love living in Waco, and I love my friends and my life here. With the end of the school year, some friends are graduating and being away them for three months is tough. Though I miss my family and friends at home, leaving my roommates and friends here in Waco is hard because we are going all over the United States this summer (Minnesota, Camp, Arkansas, Dallas, Virginia, LA, study abroad).

This summer is especially weird as it is my last “real summer”. I have a PR/Marketing internship at MMI Agency in Houston. I cannot wait to apply what I am learning at Baylor throughout the internship. Still, senior year is daunting, real life is coming, and I am excited. I am excited to finish the Baylor Bucket List, I am excited to watch Baylor Football one last time as a senior. Next year, I look forward to meeting new people, build deeper relationships with current friends and learn as much as possible before I begin life in the real world.

With that said, summer is coming. I’m going to miss being in Waco and I will miss my Baylor family this summer, but I look forward to what is to come for my Baylor senior year.

4 thoughts on “Home Stretch