Are you a student needing tips on how to create a WordPress blog or portfolio for your class? Are you a faculty member who wants to use WordPress in class but doesn’t know the first thing about it? When you hear the word “blogroll,” do you think, “breakfast pastry”?
If this sounds like you, don’t get your hopes dashed in the Dashboard if you’re (Word)Pressed for time. The Electronic Library is here to help! Attend Edublogs 101 to learn WordPress on the fasttrack and pick the session that best suits your busy schedule!
Created specifically for faculty and students who will be using blogs in the classroom, Edublogs 101 will focus on the basics of using the WordPress platform within the Edublogs system at http://blogs.baylor.edu. Each session will last approximately 45 minutes and will explore elementary aspects of blogging and site administration. NOTE: You must have a site at http://blogs.baylor.edu to participate, and seating is limited to 24 users per session. All undergraduates and graduate students may get sites with a faculty sponsor in conjunction with their academic coursework. For more information about site registration guidelines and policies, visit https://blogs.baylor.edu/site-registration-instructions/.
Topics will include:
- Basic site administration tasks
- Creating blog posts, categories, and tags
- Creating pages
- Optimizing site navigation with custom menus
- Managing images and media, such as YouTube videos
- Changing the appearance of sites with sidebar widgets and themes
Seminar Schedule (all sessions take place in Moody Library G42, the library’s newest smart classroom adjacent to the TechPoint service desk on the garden level):
- Tuesday, Sept. 4, 3:30-4:15 p.m.
- Wednesday, Sept. 5, 3:30-4:15 p.m.
- Thursday, Sept. 6, 3:30-4:15 p.m.
- Friday, Sept. 7, 3:30-4:15 p.m.
- Monday, Sept. 10, 4:30-5:15 p.m.
- Tuesday, Sept. 11, 2-2:45 p.m.
- Wednesday, Sept. 12, 3:30-4:15 p.m.
- Thursday, Sept. 13, 3:30-4:15 p.m.
- Friday, Sept. 14, 3:30-4:15 p.m.
For additional information, contact Lance Grigsby at firstname.lastname@example.org. Hope to see you in class!