Learning to Utilize Resources at Baylor

First semester

My first semester has been a whirlwind. Beyond all of the social obstacles, I have had to learn how to utilize all of the resources that I attended Baylor for. In a separate post, I had mentioned that I attended Baylor for its commitment to helping its students succeed. But there is no such thing as bottle feeding in college, you still have to somewhat help yourself. So two of the most helpful resources I have found are office hours and the writing center. 

Office hours 

My Professors seem to always be available to allow me to come in and talk through everything that I did not understand about the coursework. This has been extremely helpful in Precal. 

The Writing Center

The writing center is where you can sit down with an instructor for an hour straight to work on an essay or speech or resume. It is completely free and it helps me bounce ideas off of somebody when writing or perfecting an essay.

I have really enjoyed getting to know Baylor and so far, these are my two favorite resources that have helped me along my first semester.