Why I chose Baylor

About a year ago I had no idea where I was supposed to go. I mean a school is a school right? I had no idea what differences to look for that would tell me which one I fit with best. Fast forward to me being enlightened by some things I should be thinking about and here is why I chose to attend Baylor University. 

• In Highschool, I was most successful when my teachers would allow me to come in and they would help me figure out anything that I did not understand. After High school, that is really difficult to find. At Baylor, every single professor wants to know you and wants to make sure you can come into office hours anytime to make sure that you are helped. This makes Baylor so unique because my friends at state schools like A&M, Texas State, or even Tech, cannot believe the kind of one on one time you get with instructors here. 
  • I am a Christian and that is a very big part of who I am. Coming from a public school system in which we are not allowed to talk about religion it means the world that at Baylor we are required to discuss religion. 
  • The small campus is super nice to navigate. The farthest point on campus takes me 20 minutes to walk to, but that is only because I am a slow walker. 
  • Being your class sizes are smaller, your professors have fewer students so they can focus and really serve the students that they do have. This also means most of them will learn your name. 
  • The traditions are super rich here from homecoming to Christmas on fifth, there is always joy on campus. 

I could keep bulleting points forever, but overall, Baylor is a wonderful school that I was drawn to by all of the resources available to the students and the Christian core values that uphold the school’s honor. I could not have made a better choice last February.