Northrise University

Spending time in the guest apartment at Northrise University in Ndola, and one of the things that has most struck me is the commitment to hospitality that the people we have met have shown to us. It is always incredible when I’m in a different country to see the ways that we as Americans have areas of opportunity for growth in the hospitality area. I would have been significantly more frustrated with me, and significantly quicker if I would have been on the other side of the counter today. And this happened at different points of the day. Two different places to eat were patient as I sought to better understand the serious options. Also, the lady at the grocery store was nice as she took my Visa card and had to go through some extra steps in order to make it work.

I just started thinking of all the times I wasn’t patient when I could have. Also, all the times I thought badly about people in my country who were having a difficult time with what I thought of as fairly easy tasks.

For that, I am sorry. For that, I will work to be a better global citizen.

The best part of these lessons? Class/work doesn’t officially begin until tomorrow.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.