With my apologies…

…to Mary Reinhardt, I’m getting to the point where I think that it’s okay to admit that I feel like Elle Woods from Legally Blond as she is about to go into that whole Harvard Law thing.  See, tomorrow, I start Business Law.  Bright and early at 8 am.  I have read one case, and I feel like an expert. Like Elle making her video to get into Harvard Law, I feel comfortable using legal jargon.  I’m going to fit “I object” into conversation in some place tomorrow.  I feel comfortable saying that I’m going to tell someone that they are out of order tomorrow.  And all of the television that I have watched – Law and Order, The Practice, Suits – will finally pay off.  I’ll be able to tell my mom that those weren’t a pointless waste of time, but instead were an investment in my future in the Baylor MBA program.  I’m fairly certain there will be a musical and short-clip video montage playing behind me as I walk into class, take my seat, pull out my pen and notebook, and start taking notes.

No seriously, I’m scared about class tomorrow.  While I was reading the case we were assigned, I kept having to google what the abbreviations were.  It was sad, especially after I realized that I had googled the same term three times.  I wonder if you’re anything like me where you charge into a situation and have no clue what you’ve actually gotten yourself into.  So far, I’ve been able to hang.  I’m just (I hope, understandably, healthily) worried about another semester, more classes, and more things to learn that I bring no prior knowledge to.

Among the things I learned tonight, Legally Blond is a dozen years old.  I was almost done with high school when it came out.  Sheesh.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

3 Responses to With my apologies…

1. JB says:

Rich,

By the power invested in me by the Business School, you are hereby appointed as the Elle Woods Scholar of Biz Law.

JB