When family and friends come to town and want some of the best food in Waco, one of my favorite places to take them is Vitek’s BBQ.  A Waco staple for many years now, Viteks still serves up some of the best BBQ in town.  Having recently gutpak-apr13expanded their footprint, the store now has plenty of seating inside and a huge outdoor patio.  Located at the corner of 16th and Speight, Vitek’s is only a short distance from campus.

One item that really captures the spirit of Vitek’s is the GutPak.  Offered in two sizes, the GutPak consists of Fritos, cheese, beans, sausage, chopped beef, jalapenos, onions, pickles and two slices of bread.  Aside from the GutPak, Vitek’s offers many other meat options, sides and desserts.  There is also a small store adjacent to the line which has glass bottle Dr. Pepper, loaves of bread, and bags of chips for purchase.  5503554261ff5.image

Recently, students at Baylor have created the GutPak Run.  In my opinion those two words should never be in the same sentence, but the Freshman Class Council thinks differently.  The GutPak Run starts at Vitek’s where contenders eat a whole GutPak before embarking on a two mile run back to Waco Hallgutpak run

I, like most people, prefer to keep my food down so I visit the store and eat there before driving home.   I can’t recommend this place enough.  The food is consistently good and it is so nice to have a local option close to campus.

Sic ‘Em Bears!