How I Developed my Leadership Philosophy

I developed my personal leadership philosophy by looking at the important aspects in my life, the important principals of leadership, and my important goals as a leader. The important aspects in my life consist of my friends, my family, my dog, my school, and my church. These are just five of many aspects in my life that I value, and have developed me into both the person, and leader I am today. Without these people and communities, I would be completely different, which is why I included them in my personal philosophy. Along with those aspects, my philosophy was also influenced by the important principals of leadership. These principals include accountability, honesty, commitment, acceptance, confidence, and determination. In my opinion these are the six most important principals of leadership, because without them there is no way a leader will succeed. That is why I decided to include them in my personal philosophy. Lastly before I created my philosophy I brainstormed my goals as a leader, which are: to do my best at everything I try, to stay true to myself and my values, to let my faith continue to grow, to not judge others, and to be happy and proud of myself and my actions. These goals helped me develop my philosophy because they describe who I want to be, and what I want to do as a leader.

By brainstorming and looking at the important aspects in my life, the important principals of leadership, and my important goals as a leader, I was able to develop my personal leadership philosophy. I believe that these philosophy constantly change with age and growth within each person, but these are the main things I need to focus on in my life to become the leader I strive to be.