Academy Lecture #1

This lecture session more-or-less refined my understanding of leadership through the lessons of how the best way to go through life as a leader is the Rainbow. Looking at leadership as a rainbow helps leaders recognize the pros and cons of an organization and the workers within it. Like a rainbow every color is different and made of other colors, these colors that make up the primary colors of the rainbow can be seen as the experiences and the characteristics of an individual with the main color being the person as a whole. When the rainbow is built and established it can be a beautiful thing something others strive for, something people stop to look at. To achieve this level of excellence all the parts need to be in place this requires a good leader.
Regarding the relationship between personal values, integrity and ethical leadership I learned that everyone’s personal values are unique, and a leader should recognize that to be effective. A worker’s integrity can be shaped if the leader is good and an excellent role model. A leader’s ethics are molded by their personal experiences and the influence of those they surround themselves with. These people the leader surrounds themselves with that mold their life include their parents, their friends, family, and co-workers. A man that surrounds himself by drug dealers and lazy people will in turn be lazy and a bad worker, leader, and follower. An individual who keeps with times and stays on top of their work is an effective leader. A leads to B it’s a simple concept.
The leadership skills I learned from the lecture could be applied to anywhere in life such as right now with my interactions between other premed students, as the strongest leaders: those who can work with people from all walks of life and take the time to get to know their followers, go farther in life and tend to help more people. With regards to later in life specifically post college, more specifically in the army I will need these skills if I am to be an officer. The army is made up of individuals from all walks of life without order our army wouldn’t be what is today the biggest most successful organization in the world.
This Lecture helped me finalize who I want to be and what type of leader I want to be. The most important thing to take away would be how I look at leadership, that it needs to be a rainbow. It can be beautiful so long as there is order.