My roommates

This post is dedicated to three of my lovely roommates! We all transferred to Baylor in Spring 2015 and met each other through Welcome Week activities. Ever since then, we’ve hung out together and have been living together for almost 2 years!

Processed with VSCO with hb2 preset
L-R: Maria, Cassie, Me and Kate!

Maria and Cassie are both 20 years old. Maria is originally from Ecuador but has been in the U.S. ever since high school! Cassie is from El Paso, Texas and yes- she drove almost 12 hours just to be here at Baylor! Cassie can speak Spanish very well as El Paso is right on the border of Mexico.

Kate is from Vietnam and she is turning 21 on the 10th of December! She is an international student- just like I am! Our household is very diverse as we all come from different cultures and backgrounds. Despite those differences, we get along very well and respect each other’s cultures. I get to learn a lot about their culture and learn their language (Spanish and Vietnamese), which is always interesting!

These girls have made my college experience so much better! With them, I know that I will always have their support and encouragement to do well. I believe that a great support system is always needed because we all need a little help sometimes. Having them by my side has made college workload a lot more bearable!