Community Involvement

Jesus as a servant washing the feet of an apostle, and award given to me by Mission Waco for my assistance.

Mission Waco / Mission World honored me with a special award for my assistance in helping arrange the transportation of a staff member who died in Waco and was shipped back to Haiti for burial in his hometown.

It is my honor to assist Jimmy Dorrell and his staff anyway I can in their wonderful mission to Waco and Haiti.
_____________________________________________________________________________________

Dr. Mo with Brittany Griner at the Baylor Athletics awards banquet in 2012.

I have been honored as an Outstanding Professor by Baylor Athletics for the past four years. The award is presented at the annual Baylor Athletics Awards Banquet at the end of the school year.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

OakCrest Funeral Home of Waco honored by the people of Waco!  I am proud to be the President and Funeral Director in Charge of OakCrest Funeral Home, 4520 Bosque Boulevard, Waco, Tx. since 2000.

OakCrest Funeral Home of Waco was voted the Best in the Waco Loves Us competition for 2013-2014. Receiving the award with me is Jacque Crawford, our Preneed Counselor, and Bill Coleman, our Family Services director.

I am proud to be serving as the District Deputy of District 112 of the Texas State Council of the Knights of Columbus, a Catholic men’s group.  I am past Grand Knight of the Council of the St. Louis Catholic Church in Waco.  My District includes St. Louis in Waco, St. Mary’s in Waco, Sacred Heart in Waco, and St. Joseph’s in Marlin.

I was selected to serve on the Board of Directors for Holy Cross, the Catholic cemetery located at LaSalle Avenue and 5th Street in Waco, Texas.

Tekes at 2012 Homecoming at Baylor

I have been proud to serve as the Faculty Advisor of the Tau Kappa Epsilon fraternity at Baylor University since 1995.  I was a Teke at Arkansas State University during my undergraduate days over 40 years ago.

Dr. Mo, far left, with the Baylor Tekes

I dressed up as a early Waco undertaker for a Home Funeral exhibit done by Historic Waco in 2012. I explained how in the early 1900’s families conducted funerals at home, and explained some of the early superstitions around death.

Our corporation recently purchased Grace Gardens Funeral Home which serves Waco, Woodway, and Hewitt.