Expert Witness Work

I have more than 25 years of experience in…

… the areas of marketing, consumer behavior, and advertising and have earned a PhD in the field of Marketing and Consumer Behavior. I am an expert in all types of research and have unsurpassed analytical (including statistical) skills. I have published nearly 100 articles in the areas of marketing, consumer behavior, and psychology and have authored a best-selling book on consumer behavior. I can conduct research and speak authoritatively on any topic related to consumer behavior (including consumer confusion), advertising and marketing and am particularly skilled at critiquing others’ research.

I am well versed in all aspects of research (surveys, focus groups, etc.) and have been highly successful in all my expert witness cases which have spanned numerous industries. Many of these cases were dropped after the submission of my expert witness report. I have an attention for detail and am dead-line oriented.

Representative Litigation Experience:

• Consumer confusion regarding brand names and brand marks
  • Trademark infringement
  • Consumer decision making in credit card industry (and many others)
  • Credit card solicitations (direct mail)
  • Content analysis of Point-of-Purchase (POP) in tobacco industry.
  • Deceptive advertising practices in Crafts industry

2 Responses to Expert Witness Work

1. Tod Marks, senior projects editor, Consumer Reports magazine says:

Dr. Roberts,
    I’m on a tight deadline for a last-second sidebar to the November cover story of Consumer Reports, the national product testing and research organization, on post-rescession consumer shopping behavior and attitudes. While our nationally representative survey clearly indicates that consumers are spending again, it also shows that we’ve changed as a people and are less impulsive and more practical. With a couple of exceptions. Many of those surveyed said the two things they steadfastly refuse to cut back on are pay TV/streaming services (such as Netflix and Hulu) and coffee shop beverages as a means to save money. In other words, people are willing to cut back, but only to a point. It’s an interesting phemomenon, and I was hoping to get your take why you think so many shoppers have such a deep connection to these aspects of everyday life.

Would it be possible for us to connect today, just for a few minutes?

2. Stella says:

Hello Dr. Roberts,

I would like to know if you have any research regarding consumer behavior in the State of Louisiana.

Kind regards,
    Stella