Day 1: What does it mean to be a good citizen
- Opening Session, Lula Janes Owner and Community Activist, Dr. Nancy Grayson
- iCivics Games: Activate
- Discuss and explore community issues
- Participate in Community Issues Fair
Day 2: How can citizens investigate community issues?
- Opening Session, Restoration Haven Founder and CEO, Shirley Langston
- iCivics Games: Counties Works
- Research on community issues
- Field trip to the Poage Legislative Library
Day 3: What does it mean to advocate?
- Opening Session with Attorney Greg White
- iCivics Games: Do I Have a Right
- Field trip to the Baylor Law School
- Guest Speaker, Associate Dean and Professor of Law, Leah Teague
Day 4: How can we advocate effectively for an issue?
- Opening Session with Dr. Andy Hogue, Director of the Civic Education & Community Service at Baylor
- iCivics Games: Law Craft
- Creation of advocacy project
Day 5: Advocacy Project Workday and Issue Showcase