Residency Paper

Now that we’re headed towards the end of our final semester of school, we have just one last assignment tied to our residencies left to complete. We are required to turn in a report that discusses the major projects that we worked on during our residencies. Earlier in the semester, I gave an altered version of my presentation to both Healthcare MBA classes. Even at that point I already felt as though it had been awhile since I reviewed all of the details of my project! Now that it’s been several months since then, it’s been kind of fun to go back through what I worked on and remember how great my residency was.

What was especially exciting about my program is that it was a new and fairly novel program for the area our hospital was located in. I haven’t heard much about how the program has been doing since I left, but I did hear from one of Lake Pointe’s administrative assistance that they are applying for the program to be considered for more rewards. I truly hope that the program continues to evolve and become a great success! It was a great endeavor that benefitted community members surrounding the hospital and its success would allow more people to benefit from it. I felt very fortunate to have been a part of its development and I hope to see it winning some awards and continuing to develop in the months to come!

Working on this report is also a little bit surreal. I remember sitting in class with the students who were a year ahead of my last year as they turned in their reports. Time has truly flown by in this program and I really can’t believe that it’s almost time for graduation. I’m excited to graduate and get started on my career, but I’ll also be a little sad to say goodbye for now to Baylor. At least I have a little more time to enjoy!

Erin

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.