Dallas Meetup

Although I no longer live in Dallas during the school week, I still go up on weekends to visit my boyfriend and to also hang out with my old coworker from my residency. During our residency we primarily hung out together and quickly realized that making friends outside of your school programs can be difficult to do! As a result, we started looking for ways to meet other like minded individuals around Dallas.

One option that we found is the Meetup.com website. Meetup is basically a platform that allows individuals in cities around the country to make interest groups. This means that you can find individuals with common interests in your city. Since I only spend a few days in Dallas a week and since I’m always busy with school work and other things lately, I haven’t had a lot of time to explore Meetups.  My coworker had previously gone to one Meetup event that is meant to bring together young professional women in Dallas. A new event was coming up on a Friday evening, so I decided to tag along this time. We met for a Happy Hour and chatted with a few girls and ended up staying out later and getting to know everyone.  It was a LOT of fun!

I think there is something to be said for having a good group of girlfriends to spend time with on weekends, so I’m pretty excited to continue to get to know them and meet more girls as well. In school making friends can be pretty easy, but depending on where you work you may or may not work with many people around your age. Needless to say this has been a great experience for us and I hope we make some great friendships from it!

Erin

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.