Spring Break: Reality

Well, I had hoped for a super relaxing spring break and in some ways I got it, but in others I definitely didn’t. On the first Friday of spring break, I slipped on some ice in Dallas while taking my dog out in the early afternoon and bruised my tailbone. Needless to say sitting, down, moving around and generally doing anything that puts pressure or strains my tailbone has been unpleasant. Fortunately this did mean that it made even more sense for m to spend quite a bit of time on the couch watching tv and movies as I had planned!

Over the week my tailbone has gradually gotten better, but is definitely still painful. I had hoped that I’d get some time to enjoy the outdoors, but hiking and walking up inclines is pretty uncomfortable for me still. I also was lucky enough to catch a cold that my boyfriend brought back to Texas with him after a quick trip for his spring break as well. Needless to say it hasn’t been the spring break I expected!

Despite being pretty under the weather for spring break though, I am thankful this all happened while ON break so that I’ve had some time to recover. Neither my cold nor my tailbone injury have resolved completely, but they are both gradually improving. I am also definitely glad that I had time to enjoy watching tv and getting a lot of rest though!

Erin

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.